Here's what our company is doing to keep our clients and employees safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Duluth
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Duluth?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Duluth?

When setting up your baby’s room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, painted the walls a soothing pastel, and established the ultimate diaper changing station. The next step is to decide the manner in which you intend to watch your baby sleep. You could go with the standard monitor that allows you to listen in through a connected audio receiver, or you can improve your technology and get high-def video feeds, two-way talk, and instant activation through motion detection.

The high-tech version kind of sounds like surveillance systems found in a comprehensive home security system, but can you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Duluth? 

What do you want in a baby monitor in Duluth?

In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You put a component with a microphone in close contact to the crib, which sends audio signals to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For example, many monitors now have HD video and 2-way communication. You can also connect your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you may move around wherever you want. The leading baby monitors in Duluth are so elaborate that they mimic inside surveillance in both capabilities and expense.

Should you replace your baby monitor with an indoor security camera?

Since baby monitors and home defense cameras have similar capabilities, you have numerous residents in Duluth linking their nursery to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- particularly when using to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will include:

Night vision video: Your security camera should have at minimum 1080p high-def video, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.

2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go to the nursery to soothe your child back to a gentle slumber. Your reassuring words may be the only thing needed to keep bundle of joy peaceful and resting.

Motion sensors: Even though it’s possible to have your monitoring device stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your own alertness may begin to waver. However, when your camera notices unexpected movements, then you can get a text alert to your smartphone. You will appreciate this when the baby quietly scrambles over the crib or if your curious cat wanders into the room.

Save and send recordings: Many baby monitors do not capture portions of video. You can now send a short segment to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.

Smartphone access: In lieu of having to lug monitoring equipment wherever you go, you may now watch from your smart home mobile app. You can even check in on your young one and babysitter when you go for a night out.

A security camera baby monitor can be part of your smart home installation

One important benefit about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Duluth is that you can connect it to your other smart home products. So, for example, if you observe that your newborn is particularly restless, you can adjust your smart thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Or when they rouse for a 2 a.m. bottle, you might increase the brightness of the nursery’s smart lighting to indicate that you're on your way. In the event you have multiple small children in different rooms, you have the ability to furnish each one an indoor security camera and monitor the feeds in a single cell phone application.

An indoor security camera in Duluth is an important aspect of your overall home security system

Regardless of whether you would like a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you simply want to enhance your home defense, get started by contacting Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint professional will guide you through all the possibilities and assist in getting the right home defense package for you. Just call (218) 231-1734 or submit the following form.