Today's residential security options are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform simple security tasks like turning on your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these things ever again? With geofencing in Duluth, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Duluth For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you can customize within your smartphone app. The technology then uses your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to share information with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You can then institute a unique boundary on all sides of your home and program particular actions if you cross the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your property, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are several of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Duluth. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera notices strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Duluth
Whether you seek additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (218) 231-1734 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.