Security cameras can simply be installed as a hindrance—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with a plethora of additions all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Duluth.
How To Set Up Your Duluth Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is mounting them in the best areas around your home. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in frequented rooms such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to set a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas within your home that are less imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your family ought to be a major consideration before placing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Duluth. The features described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime unusual movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the unit. With your security app, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Duluth is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (218) 231-1734 or submit the form below to start customizing your security system today.